The CFMEU promotes the training and employment of Indigenous Australians in the construction industry.
Many of our Branches are involved in specific initiatives to support indigenous workers and their communities.
- Koori Job Ready Course at Yaama Dhiyaan Training Centre, Darlington, Sydney
- Koori Job Ready Program 2013
- Training for young workers from the Jarlmadangah community in Western Australia and from Cherbourg in Queensland on city construction sites. Contact the CFMEU in those states for more information about these programs.
- Unions and Goreng Goreng community sign capacity building social compact agreement: Gladstone Observer 07/12/2012
The CFMEU and its predecessor unions have a long history of fighting for justice for Australia's Indigenous communities and continues to support those struggles today.
The union's goal is an industry where Indigenous workers have the same opportunities as all other workers.
My hope is that one day there will be no need for programs like this and Aboriginal people will have the same opportunities as everyone else.
Rohan Tobler, former CFMEU Organiser, now Facility Manager, NCIE
Other useful links
- Volunteer constructively - use your skills to assist Indigenous communities in remote areas with construction projects through Indigenous Community Volunteers
- National Centre for Indigenous Excellence (NCIE), Redfern, Sydney - visit their website for details of Eora Fitness Centre, cultural, educational, sports training programs.
- Your Union
- Member Services
- CFMEU Common Log of Claims for Refractory Agreements
- Koori Job Ready in Construction Full Program 2013
- Mobile Crane Hiring Award 2010 National Wage Sheet 2013
- Joinery and Building Trades Award 2010 National Wage Rates 2013
- Building and Construction General On-Site Award 2010 National Wage Sheet 2013